Material Planning Engineer
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Apply for this Job
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience with emphasis in supply chain management and/or engineering and at least 5-8 years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in construction industry
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret project/construction drawings to effectively communicate the designs or discrepancies from suppliers
- Knowledge of materials management theories, processes and practices.
- Highly effective and professional verbal and written communication skills with team, internal customers and suppliers that includes a strong focus on teamwork and internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, suppliers, and customers.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and negotiation skills
- Act as a focal point and monitor assigned areas to ensure material delivery dates meet
- Identify and coordinate advance notice, input and resolution of material shortages/overages.
- Analyze data and collaborate with internal customers to determine and apply appropriate ordering, inventory, and replenishment policies.
- Anticipate potential problems and risks, and generates ideas, insight and solutions to resolve or “head off” potential problems, followed by decisive action to implement solutions.
- Analyze data to determine opportunities to decrease inventory, improve customer service levels, and reduce total costs in order to support lean project activities.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration skills by open communication and sharing of pertinent business information to all departments
- Represent the company successfully and exercises flexibility in their communications with internal and external customers.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager during customer contract development to ensure new supply agreements are implemented and executed effectively, efficiently and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BA or BS degree or equivalent experience with emphasis in supply chain management and/or engineering
Should have least 5-8 years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in construction industry
Currently available in UAE and willing to work in Dubai
Same Company Jobs
Back to List