Bachelors/Masters Degree in Civil Engineering.
Minimum construction industry experience of 15-20 years of which at least 5+ years tendering & estimation management experience or in a similar role in a leading construction organization in UAE.
Good commercial understanding
Extensive knowledge of Pre & Post project and tender execution principles
Excellent commercial awareness
Continuous improvement focus
Excellent communication skills
Multi discipline engineering awareness
Work well in multicultural environments
Excellent level of attention to detail
High level of motivation and drive to submit winning tenders
• Be single point of contact with the Client for the tender,and build Client relations to maximize current and future opportunities.
• To ensure that a common Tender Process and tender approach is executed to increase efficiency and quality of the tender process in the organization.
• Actively provide input and work with the tender procedures and tools to ensure they are continuously updated according to Tender group's needs.
Maximize the tender winning chances by continuously working with Client, Technology team, Procurement, Engineering and Management to optimize Tender solutions and concept from handover from Client to submission of bid documents.
• Participates in the formulation and implementation of the tendering & bid management functional plans to ensure the alignment with overall objectives and business plan.
• Manages the day-to-day operations of tendering & bid management commercial/technical function by facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards.
• Manages technical/commercial aspects of company’s tendering and bid management activities to ensure the submission of high quality competitive bid packages
• Reviews and maintains commercial stewardship with other stakeholders to ensures an effective customer/supplier relationships and communication.
• Reviews tender and subcontract terms and conditions and ensures optimizing all business outcomes.
• Reviews costs and project profitability and takes corrective actions and maintains strategic positioning
• Ensures full preparation of bid package and submission to the top management for review and recommendations.
• Analyzes unsuccessful bids to identify corrective measures that help improve the overall bidding process.
• Manages the effective achievement of department objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff in order to maximize subordinate’s performance.
• Ensuring the project-winning strategy is in-line with the business strategy.
• Building successful and lasting relationships with Customers, Consultants and Supply Chain.
• Ensuring we remain competitive, by working closely with our Supply Chain Partners, and increasing profitability by looking at innovation and other cost saving factors.
• Being the focal point to our Customers, and representing the Company within the market place.
• Responsible for securing a profitable work stream for the business by ensuring that our bids are prepared in a timely manner and are attractive to our Customers.
• Ensuring bids being submitted are compliant to the Customers requirements, and in the format requested.
• Responsible for end to end activities of the Estimation Department and developing cost estimates and coordinate proposals for all the projects.
• Ensuring the resources within the Estimation Department are appropriate to achieve the secured turnover required.
• Coordinate proposals for multiple estimation projects, as well as hold review responsibility and work as the liaison between estimating team and Senior Management.
• Responsible for all activities related to site investigation, pre-bid meetings and preparation of tender & estimation.
• Assist management in the financial decision making when securing new work.
Identifying new profitable sectors, where work could be delivered using existing Resources.
• Establish standard rate files for labor, equipment and materials.
• Establish and fine tune manpower productivity rates.
• Develop and review cost estimates and pricing
• Identify and deploy IT tools and softwares aiding the tendering process.
➤Bachelors/Masters degree in Civil Engineering.
➤Minimum construction industry experience of 15-20 years
➤With at least 5+ years tendering & estimation management experience