To procure and plan materials for specific production cell’s, in line with MRP system requirements. The role will monitor and track top running items to allow forecasting ensuring system models are maintained using business intelligence and forecast information gathered from Sales Forecast Tool and other sources i.e. customer and supplier data.
Reporting into the Planning and Production Supervisor, the role will form an integral part of a dedicated production cell team. Gathering and sharing appropriate information and ensuring targets are met and procedures are followed at all times. Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment is essential, supporting the Planning and Procurement team to ensure this function can continuously improve, add value to the organization and work alongside the different disciplines within the company to achieve results.
• Raise Purchase orders from MRP system ensuring timely placement and delivery of components in line with production planning requirements.
• Expedite and reschedule open purchase orders to suit production planning requirements.
• Review historical data including sales trends, material on time delivery.
• Interact with production planner and sales to understand demand forecast drivers.
• Use and maintain MRP data as the primary planning system tool.
• Provide input in developing departmental strategies for inventory on existing items.
• Reporting gathered information within production meeting environment.
• Create statistical reports: Gather, analyse and validate data. Share data with relevant departments and external suppliers.
• Execute with excellence in the area of stock and demand replenishment providing feedback to the supply chain on risks regarding replenishment levels and demand.
• To prepare & release monthly schedules & follow-up with local & overseas vendors for timely deliveries of material in coordination with logistic team to run production line smoothly.
• Negotiate with suppliers on lead-time, cost and quality so as to obtain the maximum benefit for the company.
• Manage suppliers to meet objectives related to cost, delivery performance, schedule and quality.
• Liaise with suppliers on delivery schedule so as to ensure on-time deliveries of final product.
• Closely monitoring & ensuring optimum inventory stock levels through ERP system.
• Modification & implementation of engineering changes (ECN).
• IT skills.