· Establish policies and procedures for the efficient performance of the Department.
· Effectively perform within all applicable and pertinent budgets.
· Provide leadership on all matters related to this role.
· Ensure compliance with the Quality and EHS Management System.
· Identify and satisfy the training needs of the Department’s personnel.
· Convene Management Review Meetings.
· Perform other tasks as may be periodically required.
· Establish, maintain and monitor the quality, safety & environment systems of the company.
· Ensure that the Company’s Quality and EHS Policy is understood and effected by all personnel of Company.
· Prepare and issue Project Quality Plans and Safety Plans for individual projects.
· Maintain and monitor the adherence to issued Project Quality Plans and Safety Plans.
· Provide regular and timely reports on the performance of the quality, safety & environment systems
· Prepare internal audit programmes, audit plans and audit schedules. Co-ordinate and conduct all internal quality, safety and environment audits.
· Review audit results and initiate corrective or preventive actions.
· Act as the Management Representative on matters relating to quality, safety & environment including external liaisons.
· Identify and satisfy the training needs of the Department’s staff.
· Ensure that safety records/registers are established and maintained at all sites.
· Source and assign quality and safety personnel in accordance with project needs in co-operation with Contracts Department.
· May delegate duties to reportees, only if necessary, but retaining ultimate responsibility at all times.